At CrossFit Leyland we are proud to have a broad range of members who regularly join in the daily classes, proving that CrossFit can be enjoyed by, and benefit all, regardless of age, experience or physical impairments. We caught up with CFL member and regular 6am class attendee Mike Redshaw and asked him a few questions about his experience;
1) What age are you?
2) How long have you been doing CrossFit?
Just over 3 years
3) What made you want to join?
I Just happened to drive past the gym and it looked interesting!
4) What was your health like before you started CrossFit?
Although I did run, I had developed back problems, I was overweight and a few years earlier had been told my cholesterol was too high and that I would have to consider going onto statins.
5) How has your health changed since starting CrossFit?
I’ve now got low cholesterol, a much stronger back and have lost weight
6) How do you feel CrossFit has benefited you?
MASSIVELY. I can’t even begin to tell you how its helped me. The coaching has been fantastic and the coaches have helped me at every step of the way , from adjusting the exercises to help my back in the early days, helping with mobility, injuries, advice and generally assisting every step of the way. Again in the first 6 months when I was all ready to pack in I was encouraged to keep at it both by the coaches and the members.
7) What do you love the most about training here with us at CFL?
The friends, the coaching and the general CrossFit community.
8) What’s your favourite movement or CrossFit workout?
I can’t pick one, I just try to get through them. I don`t hate burpees quite as much as I used to!!
9) How would you describe CrossFit Leyland in 3 words?
Hard physical fun !
10) Any other information….
As well as training with the 6am Spartans I’ve also been taught by gym staff / members how to use facebook , sort of !!